Post 18 Support
University, Apprenticeships and the Future
Year 12 students will, with the help of their form tutors and the Sixth Form Team, be making decisions regarding their future after leaving the Sixth Form. Some students have already decided that they will be applying via UCAS for a place in Higher Education, others are exploring apprenticeships while some will still be undecided.
To help to support parents in this vital decision-making process we have created a video which outlines the benefits of Higher Education and apprenticeships, how to start the applications for these routes, and how you can support your son/daughter throughout the process. The video will cover the following areas:
- Reasons to apply to university.
- Alternative options to Higher Education including apprenticeships and employment.
- The financial implications of Higher Education.
- The UCAS application procedure and key dates.
- Applying for apprenticeships.
- How to choose the most appropriate course, institution or employer.
- The personal statement and school reference.
If your son/daughter has any questions relating to researching or applying for their post-18 aspirations, they are encouraged to access the support of their form tutor who will be the primary contact point throughout the application process.